Monday, August 01, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Contact Lenses

Theme: (Crazy) Contact Lenses

I decided to only include lenses with a pattern or other special effect, meaning no simple colour lenses. I also decided to only look at stores that sell alternative clothing and/or jewellery, because it is my intent to see what they're trying to sell to gothic people.

Good: 'Magic Circle Flower' at Cybershop
I think this lens has found a balance between having a distinguishable pattern, a certain weirdness it creates in the eyes, and actually still making it look good. I like it how subtle and yet so clear the effect is that these lenses create, and how they let your own eye colour get through.

I'm guessing these would best suit a relatively light eye colour, but so do most of special lenses.

Found here. (Site available in English and Finnish.)

Bad: 'Yin Yang' at Everything Goth
Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with having a Tao in both of your eyes. Au contraire, I think it's a great idea. The problem with this particular product is that actually wearing the lenses destroys the symbol and eats up most of the eye. It doesn't look weird in a good way, just a bit... runny.

Found here.

Ugly: 'Aqua Teardrop' at ArgothIn a completely different context, I'd say this pattern might - just might - be fairly nice. But not in the eye. It's too busy and complicated to work in such a small area, and it simply looks unattractive.

Found here. Most of their other lenses aren't half bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment