Monday, July 11, 2011

Visual Kei: 'ストライプアシンメトリーベスト付きブラウス' by Algonquins

Here is one of those pieces which at first sight made me tilt my head in wonder; after some tentative clicking to enlarge the picture, I finally realised what the garment really is like, the point of it, so to speak; and after a while I started liking it somewhat.

It's a bit odd, it's quirky, it's intentionally loose, and while it could look like someone made a little over half a vest, sewed it on a blouse and then forgot about it, it somehow - miraculously? - doesn't. The side tail it could possibly do without, but then again...

I guess it's the juxtaposition of so called business look with a bit of a rocker edge that made me appreciate this piece. Obviously it's not everyone's cup of tea, but, in the end, what piece of clothing is?

Found here. Site in Japanese.

1 comment: