Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Neo-Victorian: 'Gilded Love Letter' Victorian Boots at Plasticland

Whoa, so shiny! I'm posting about this shoe mostly due to the fact that despite of its gleam, it doesn't look tacky or cheap, nor like a bizarre experiment with PVC (which I have nothing against; by all means dabble with PVC and see what comes out of it) but more like one had taken the idea of a precious metal and realized it into shoe form.

Also, a wallpaper pattern such as this is quite attractive.

The one thing I aren't sure about is the applique on the toes. That is to say, I fail to comprehend its function and I question its aesthetic value. (It's also heart-shaped.)

Shoes available here.

4 comments:

  1. I believe it was inspired by Helena Bonham Carter's Queen of Hearts, you can see the original here: http://www.padawansguide.com/CG/charbonneauAlice/redQueenBoots.jpg
    via The Costumer's Guide (http://costumersguide.com/redQueen.shtml)

    Btw, I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the wonderful Plastic Land :D I love these boots, I only wish I didn't look awful in gold. Oh, for them to be in black with the pattern in silver.

    ReplyDelete