Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Romantic/ Goth: 'Gothic Victorian Opera Jacket' Shrug & Outfit at Retroscope


This. Is. Stunning.

Superficially, there is nothing revolutionary about the outfit nor in its details. The model certainly is divine, and the picture isn't half bad, either. I guess what really makes it special is how the proportions play so perfectly together, and how the subtle variety of different fabrics and how light hits them makes the outfit really come alive... ahem.

Oh, yeah, the actual piece of clothing that the picture is supposedly trying to sell is the shrug. It's a very pretty shrug, indeed, but I felt I simply had to take on the whole outfit this time.

Found here.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, but I could sure care less about the shrug ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love Retroscope!! Beautiful shrug, and a gorgeous photo!

    I really like when I find a Goth/Alternative blog that doesn't use a black background. ;) Thank you for creating a design that's easy to read!!

    Sophistique Noir - Dark, Elegant Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. VictorianKitty: Thank you for your feedback! Never was a fan of the black background, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own that shrug, and while it looks nice in these photos, I actually don't wear it very much. It's basically a tube, there's no seams or definition at the shoulders at all, so it make the wearer look slouchy (and the ruffles are a bit overpowering as well).

    ReplyDelete
  5. OpiateVampire: Good to know. Sounds like it only fits people with broad, sort of sharp shoulders.

    ReplyDelete