Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Corporate Goth: 'Mandarin-Collar Contrast Trim Blazer Jacket' at ChinaTowner

Advocating the military inspired style might grow a touch dull, I realise, and I am waiting to run into a Fail of the same category to compensate a little bit; until then, though, I will continue with openly adoring the look, shamelessly confessing once again how much I fancy stripes such as we see in the jacket above, and love buttons just like that, and how I find even the small strip of lacing in the back (follow the link below to see it) quite neat indeed, because it has been constructed well. Also, the mandarin collar adds a little something extra to the tailored look.

Navy is a colour less often seen on people of the alternative persuasion, the reason being it isn't black, I suppose, but there is really no need to refrain from using said colour - unless one plans to wear it with black, which I must discourage.

Jacket found here.

3 comments:

  1. I like the style and it's kinda like mandarin collar tuxedo for men, but the difference is, it has more designs and it's for ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is more detail in this design, I agree; but there is no reason for why this (or the tuxedo) should only be reserved for "ladies". I reject gender-based restrictions on clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something about this that makes it look a bit too much like a well-constructed cosplay outfit for some Anime military uniform - I think it's that the white details are too bold and chunky. I'm not saying it's Bad, but I don't like it. If it were black, I would think the contrast trim too much, so being navy is a good thing here.

    ReplyDelete