Friday, January 14, 2011

Neo-Victorian/ Steampunk: 'Tesla' Waistcoat at Gallery Serpentine

This version of a waistcoat is one of those little big designs - change something fairly basic and it can actually transform a traditional piece of clothing into something iconic. The pattern, while not incredibly inventive, is very pleasant to look at and the stripes are nicely discreet, keeping the piece securely within the Neo-Victorian style.

Available here.

Also, I would like to thank ultimategothguide for granting me the Versatile Blogger Award (which I seem to be living up to by posting two items of quite the similar style in a row) - see side bar. Questions and (short) answers below.
  1. Why did you create this blog? - Simply because alternative aesthetics intrigue me, and if there was/is a blog with a concept exactly like mine, I hadn't and still haven't run into it; hence, I created my own.
  2. What kind of blogs do you follow? - Very random ones. Mostly they've got to do with politics, environmentalism, queer news, photography, gaming etc., with the odd art or style blog thrown in the mix.
  3. Favourite make-up brand? - I don't wear make-up so I couldn't tell.
  4. Favourite clothing brand? - Plazma, probably, but only if this is about what I personally like to wear. I am not too keen on brands, as such; they all fail sometimes, and yet hardly any brand fails every time.
  5. Indispensible make-up product? - See answer to question number three.
  6. Favourite colour? - Orange.
  7. Favourite perfume? - 'Tokyo' by Kenzo.
  8. Favourite film? - Sergio Leone's spaghetti Western films.
  9. What country would you like to visit and why? - Mongolia, for photography and space.
  10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face? - Still not wearing make-up.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on The Versatile Blogger Award!!!
    Your blog has seriously helped me "find myself" ^.^ It's hard going to the mall and barely finding anything you like and wondering "what is wrong with me?"
    Now I know bits of styles I like ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably should have mentioned that I gave you a blogger award a little while ago as well ^-^

    I kind;a forgot one of the rules i.e. telling the person :P

    Congrats! On both counts:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello how are you, very nice your blog! I tell you I'm clothes designer, I specialize in Haute Couture, I leave my site, hope you like it and if you're a pledge not hesitate to contact me!

    http://www.jesicakulesz.com.ar

    Greetings and I hope you visit me!


    Oh and also let my blog and my facebook if I want to follow:)

    My Facebook: Facebook Personal
    http://corsets-jesica-kulesz.blogspot.com


    Big kisses!


    PD: Sorry for my English, use the google translator :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone. I feel quite overwhelmed ^^'

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's named after Tesla... how can I not love it?

    ReplyDelete