Monday, January 10, 2011

Elegant Gothic Lolita: '(62615)アルゴンキンストライプブロード3点セットワンピース' by Algonquins

An intriguing ensemble, this. I think it would do better without the lace, but the outfit is by no means ruined by the trim. The shape (I am sure there is a name for that particular cut, but alas, I am a novice when it comes to fashion terminology) of the hem of the jacket plays nicely with the otherwise regular lines, and a very Westerner but still appropriate touch is added by the girdle, without which the outfit easily loses shape.

Available here, in black or wine red. Or would be, were it not sold out. (Site in Japanese. And I am still confused by the name of that particular brand. Mixing Japanese fashion with the name of a Native American people? Curious.)

3 comments:

  1. It's super cute. I rather like the lace, but am not so keen on the belt.
    Love the new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the page it is shown without the belt, btw.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, that's pretty! I'm not sure about the under-layer with lace, or the pinky-red version, but the grey version is very nice1

    I think that's a scalloped hem.

    The spelling looks very French, I wonder if the Roman letter spelling of the tribe name was written down by French people? J-Rock is scene with a lot of strange French references, and they may have just thought it was a pretty and French-looking word. I have a friend with a t-shirt from the far East that says "British Hippies Against Breakfast" and I've seen someone (hipster) in the UK wear a hoodie that (and my Japanese isn't very good) said something about them being a happy mountain tree and there's a band called L'Arc en Ciel (which means "The Rainbow") who are sort of prog-rock-ish and not at all hippie.

    ReplyDelete