Friday, January 29, 2010

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly: Hats

Theme: Hats

I decided to only include proper, honest hats this time and leave all the other types of headpieces (bows, fascinators etc) to wait for their own edition of GBU.

Good

Nothing like the basic, clean, stylish and simple fedora with a buckle to spice it up. Nothing, save for the classic top hat, maybe. (I am a bit biased here, because I actually own a hat exactly like this. But I wouldn't if I didn't think it fell into the 'Good' category, now, would I?)

Found here.

Bad
If it's supposed to be part of a costume, it's bad. If not, it's worse. I am too big of a fan of Batman to let this atrocity slip past unnoticed. The thing is badly made (uneven ears and eyeholes), but the idea I approve of.

Found here.

Ugly
The red fur, the spikes, the overall shape (and the bad picture - one might think that Lip Service would pay attention to detail such as dressing their models in the right size)... where do I start? The only good thing I can think of to say about this hat is that it could be made of leather and real fur, but isn't.

Found here, although anything by Lip Service can be bought anywhere. And, indeed, there is a version with black fur there, too, and it is only slightly less ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment