Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fail: 'Flaming Skull Simkins' Hoody by Mercy at Polltäx

This is not an epic fail as such, but enough fail for me to grumble about. First of all, the flames. We do not like the flames (nor the skulls), and there is altogether too much of the flaming action going on in the sleeves and the hood. The hoodie is made of cotton, but I've seen and touched these IRL, and they really feel like fleece which, as a material, isn't terribly gothic in my mind. Fleece is for making little fluffy bunny plushies.

Even aside from all the flaming and skulling, I really don't appreciate the sleeves in any way. Trumpet shape doesn't go well with the rest of the cut, and as a whole the garment would look better were the sleeves either all pink or all black (in which case the charming, delightful flames and skulls that we so adore should be pink).

In case you love this, get it here. It's on sale.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, the cutest plushie. <3

    Want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love your blog <3

    Secondly, I have a hoodie like this, in black and purple with celtic knotworks. The fleece keeps me warm and the feel of it it's not as bad as it might look :P
    It's here: http://www.artofwings.com/_images/HoodieWLightCombiArmyFrontLargeWebview.jpg

    But yes, I have to admit the flames are terrible. I saw it right next to my own and hated it, although they look alike :x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timotei: Thank you!

    And unfortunately I have to say I would classify that hoodie as a fail (albeit not as big a fail as that flame-skull monster above), too, because yes, they do look pretty much alike. But that's just me ^^

    ReplyDelete